Monday, April 27, 2015

Contemporary Comics_Week 11


For contemporary comics, I chose to read Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli. The comic sparked my curiosity when I saw images of it on the course share.  The drastic use of styles was interesting to look at and I wanted to know more about the work. To my relief the whole comic was in a pleasant style to read. Each character was drawing in a related, but distinct style. Working on the main character’s belief that each person has their own ideals and how it influenced others. Even the text bubbles were formed in a way that allowed you to know how they sound, and who was talking without it pointing to the character that spoke.
I very much liked the non linear story telling. Causing you to be curious about how the main character got to where he was, what actually happened, and how he works to make it better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment