Monday, April 27, 2015

reconsider SuperHero_Weeks 13


To reconsider the superhero I read the priest story in class, along with Fable before class. I’ll talk about the priest story more in a separate post. But I’m going to admit that I had played ‘The wolf among us’ before reading Fable. I count Fable as a superhero comic because it includes people pretending to be normal, with a alternative life, and they have ‘super powers.’ It’s a whole community of people living out their lives outside of the government. It’s interesting just to see the characters re-imagined in this gritty world trying to live their lives without storybook rules to help them. Without them glorifying their lives and getting a happy ending anyway, they are actually struggling with it. Forced to take up less than honorable professions. Living on the skins of their teeth to just get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment