Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Questions and answers


1.     Are there any prominent symbols in preacher? If so, what and how are they used?
I’m not very knowledgeable about symbols, and when reading. Many times they will go over my head. The fact that he became a preacher could be a symbol.
2.     Is there an aspect of the story, in which you were able to make a personal connection?
I grew up in a very small town, so the inter collection of the town and its rumors worked in the same way. None of the rumors were as devastating, I grew up in a dry county, and everyone went to church. But I connected with the way the small town would work in this rural area. Although the area is much more southern than western, The idea is still the same.
3.     If you were to adapt this story into another medium, what changes would you make? And why?
If I was going to change this story into a weekly news article, Meaning I would write a few short paragraphs a day and then you would wait for the next installment, I would start each story reestablishing the restraint this is currently taking place in. Each day it would be slow, and likely try and reestablish the mood that the previous post made. And then continue on to the true story, which the preacher is telling. With the side bits of the angles being a ‘bonus’ story to the story. Its visual sophistication would be zero, but with this medium you could still attempt to retain the same messages in the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment